These conditions strictly apply to all reservations and services of the hotel, unless explicitly agreed otherwise in writing. The services of Riva Hotel are providing accommodation and/or food and/or drinks, everything with all related items activities and services, all in the broadest sense.
• Please be aware of the additional costs for the city tax. The additional costs for The Hague are €4,45 per person per night.
• Prices vary upon availability.
• The non-refundable price can be charged when there is a credit card guarantee. If there is no credit card guarantee, the refundable price is to be charged.
Check-in and Check-out
• Check-in time is from 14:00 hours (PM)
• Check-out time is until 11:00 hours (AM)
• Early check-in: we always try to check you in as soon as possible in case of an early arrival. If an early check-in is not possible, we will be happy to store your luggage for you, so you can check-in at a later time.
• Late check-in: if you are expecting to arrive after 23:00 hours, please notify us so we will make sure that someone is waiting to help you check-in.
• Late check-out: we understand your appreciation for sleep and also offer late check-out possibilities until 14:00 hours for an extra charge. When checking out after 14:00 an extra night is charged
• Refundable reservations cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the date of arrival will be free of charge.
• Non-refundable reservations cancelled any time will be charged fully.
• Reservations that are cancelled in less then 24 hours prior to the date of arrival, or in case of a ‘no-show’ (when a guest does not show up without notifying the hotel) the reservation will be charged fully.
• Please keep in mind that the arrival date starts at 0:01 hours.
When a reservation for five or more rooms is made, the rules for a group reservation are applicable, unless explicitly agreed otherwise in writing:
• The hotel may ask the group to make a deposit of at least 25% of the total reservation.
• Cancelling the reservation at least three months prior to the date of arrival will be free of charge. Any deposit that was made will be refunded. Any costs for the refund will be charged to the guests.
• By cancelling the reservation two months or less prior to the date of arrival, the deposit is not refunded.
• By cancelling the reservation a month or less prior to the date of arrival, the hotel may charge 50% of the total reservation.
• By cancelling the reservation fourteen days or less prior to the date of arrival, the hotel may charge 75% of the total reservation.
• By cancelling the reservation five days or less prior to the date of arrival, the hotel may charge 100% of the total reservation.
• When the total reservation is decreased to less than 50% of the confirmed reservation, the hotel may charge a percentage of the cancelled rooms.
Options are provided and consulted with Riva Hotel and are valid until the agreed deadline has passed. Without a written confirmation of the guest to the hotel or from the hotel to the guest the option expires and is invalid when the deadline passes, without the hotel being required and/or obligated to notify the guest.
Liability of the hotel
The hotel is not liable for damage or loss of personal belongings and/or personal properties of the guests. The guest will not hold the hotel responsible for the loss and/or damage of personal belongings and/or properties of the guest(s). This does not apply when the damage or loss is proven due to intent or gross negligence fault of the hotel. We will then discuss a suitable solution that satisfies the both parties.
Liability of the guest
The guest(s) that are accommodated and/or serviced by the hotel and the one(s) accompanying the guest(s) are responsible for all damages that are a direct or indirect consequence of the default and/or unlawful act, including violation of the house rules by the guest(s) and/or the one(s) accompanying the guest, as well as for all damage caused by animal(s) and/or any substance and/or any matter of which/who are under the supervision of the guest.
The hotel is entitled, without notice, to terminate the hotel agreement with the guest in the following one or more of the cases:
• When a guest or the one(s) accompanying the guest has once or repeatedly violated the house rules or behave in such a way that the order and peace of the hotel can be disturbed by this.
• When a guest or the one(s) accompanying the guest is/are in possession of forbidden substances, soft drugs, hard drugs, weapons of any kind, any other objects or any other substances that could be dangerous or cause a nuisance to other guests and/or employees of the hotel.
• The hotel can refuse a guest at any time and reserves the right to search a guests or the one(s) accompanying the guest his/hers personal belongings if there is reason to believe that this person is a danger to other guests, employees and any other person present at the property.
The hotel is 100% smoke free and smoking inside and from the rooms or general areas is strictly prohibited. If guests do not comply with the smoking prohibition, the hotel may charge a fine of €200,00 immediately. The rules under Obligations also apply. Smoking is permitted on the outside of the hotel.
When the hotel agreement is not immediately terminated and the guest is not asked to leave the property immediately, the fine and the cost of one extra night without accommodation, with a minimum of €150,- will be charged to clean the room of odors and pollution caused by the violation of the guest(s) and/or the ones accompanying the guest(s).
No pets are allowed inside the hotel or the building. When the rule is violated, the hotel may charge a fine of €200,00. If a nuisance has occurred, the guest will be hold responsible and will be charged for any damages, pollution or consequences. All costs for cleaning and removing allergens will be charged to the guest. The rules under Obligations also apply.
A room is allowed 2 persons unless explicitly mentioned otherwise in writing. A child from 4 till 12 years old will be charged an extra €30,- in a 2 person room if guests do not wish to have an extra bed in the room. An extra person in the room of the age of 13 years or older is not allowed in a two person room. Depending on the amount of people, an accommodation for 3 persons or more has to be booked or several rooms must be booked to accommodate the amount of guests.
It is not allowed to switch accommodated persons once or more times during the length of a stay, unless this is consulted with the hotel and is confirmed in writing.
• The hotel can offer an additional single bed for an extra charge. These are to be reserved or requested and can only be supplied by the hotel if they are available.
• The hotel can offer an additional baby bed for an extra charge. These are to be reserved or requested and can only be supplied by the hotel if they are available.
• If there are any other additional items needed, they can always be requested and we check the possibilities or availability for you.
• We have free parking available in front of the hotel, but please keep in mind that the parking can be very busy between 17:00 and 21:00 hours.
• Please note that parking is at your own risk and the hotel or its employees can not be held responsible for theft or damages from or to the vehicle(s). This of course does not apply when the damage or theft is proven due to intent or gross negligence fault of the hotel. We will then discuss a suitable solution that satisfies the both parties.
In addition to the above the conditions in The Uniform Conditions for the Hotel and Catering Industry are applicable.